Our Fabric Arts Studio is located on the second floor of the Richmond Cultural Centre at 7700 Minoru Drive. It has lots of natural light and a treasure trove of sewing tools for all our projects and supplies for community donation projects. It is a great place to gather and share ideas and expertise.
Sewing tools include
- Sewing machines and Serger
- cutting mats, rulers, rotary cutters and scissors
- irons and ironing boards
- large baffles we use for design walls and display
- light box
- pins, needles, quilting pins,measuring tapes etc.
Supplies for Community Donation Projects
- Cotton fabric for quilt tops, book bags and pillow cases
- Knit fabric for chemo caps
- Wool for knitting projects
- Larger pieces of fabric for backing quilts
- Thread of various colours
- TAGOR Labels for donation quilts
- Our Community Outreach Coordinators have a small budget for supplies and try to accommodate members creative needs
Our room is available most Mondays and Fridays from 10am – 1pm for community project days. For personal projects the room is available 10am – 1pm on Thursdays and some Saturdays. For details please see our calendar.
Donation Quilt Sizing and particulars
- Preemie quilt – 36″ x 36″ with flannel backing
- Child’s play quilt – 40″ x 40″ – with cotton backing not flannel
- Adult lap quilt – 40-55″ x 50-65″ – with cotton or flannel backing
- Other quilts – we also make wheel chair friendly lap quilts, bed toppers and bed size quilts for some of our recipients on special request. Please talk to our Community Outreach Coordinators for details.
- Each quilt is labelled with a TAGOR label rather than a personal label.