As well as advancing the textile arts, TAGOR was recognized for volunteerism as one of three finalists for the Volunteerism category of the 2019 Richmond Arts Award. Members annually create and donate hundreds of items to the community, including:
- Lap Quilts
- Preemie Baby Blankets
- Chemo Caps
- Sweaters & Socks
- Book Bags
- Fidget Muffs for dementia sufferers
Want to make a donation quilt? Click here for details on size and particulars
Where Donations Go
- Lion’s Manor Complex Care Home
- Richmond Family Place
- Richmond Hospital Birthing Centre
- Richmond Oncology
- Richmond Public Health Nurses
- Turning Point Women’s and Men’s Houses
- Habitat for Humanity (Richmond Project)
- Salvation Army Rotary Hospice
- Perinatal and Pediatric Social Services of Richmond Hospital
- Alzheimers Society of BC
- Elmbridge Supportive Housing (about the housing)
- Supported Living homes operated by the Richmond Society for Community Living (about the society)
Using principles from the DementiAbilility philosophy and Butterfly Model of Care, Lion’s Manor has created a bright and inviting nursery/laundry room to help people living with dementia have a life filled with meaning, purpose, joy, independence, choice and high self-esteem.
The nursery provides a calming environment, promotes the doll therapy program and helps residents reminisce about their past history with children and nurseries.
At our September meeting Jennifer Sandhu thanked TAGOR for the work we do to help Lion’s Manor and their residents.
From Richmond Public Health
Want to Help?
Our Fabric Arts Studio and supplies (Studio Details) are available to all members from beginner to advanced to make items for the groups we support.
Fabric donations are gratefully accepted. We also make bags from Richmond Street Banners for sale. Proceeds purchase supplies to support our charity work.
Join us… Your work will find its way to local residents facing financial and health challenges to bring warmth through knowing that someone cares.
Our 2019-20 Sponsors
Thank you all for your generous contributions!