As well as advancing the textile arts, TAGOR was recognized for volunteerism as one of three finalists for the Volunteerism category of the 2019 Richmond Arts Award. With their own and donated materials, members annually create and donate hundreds of items to the community, including:
- Lap Quilts
- Preemie Baby Blankets
- Chemo Caps
- Sweaters & Socks
- Book Bags
- Fidget Muffs for those suffering from dementia
Want to make a donation quilt? Click here for details on size and particulars
Where Donations Go
- Lion’s Manor Complex Care Home
- Richmond Family Place
- Richmond Hospital Birthing Centre
- Richmond Oncology
- Richmond Public Health Nurses
- Turning Point Women’s and Men’s Houses
- Habitat for Humanity (Richmond Project)
- Salvation Army Rotary Hospice
- Perinatal and Pediatric Social Services of Richmond Hospital
- Alzheimers Society of BC
- Elmbridge Supportive Housing (about the housing)
- Supported Living homes operated by the Richmond Society for Community Living (about the society)
- Bridgeport Supportive Housing
Lion’s Manor holds a raffle to raise money for programs to add to the quality of life for the residents. This year’s quilt was put together from a partly completed project donated to TAGOR.
From the Birthing Centre
FROM ROTARY HOSPICE HOUSE
From Richmond Public Health
Want to Help?
Our Fabric Arts Studio and supplies (Studio Details) are available to all members from beginner to advanced to make items for the groups we support.
TAGOR gratefully accepts cotton fabrics for quilts and shopping bags. If you have a half meter or more of other fabrics these are accepted by thrift stores. Richmond now recycles fabric so other fabric can be taken to the Ironwood Recycling Center.
We also make bags from Richmond Street Banners for sale. Proceeds purchase supplies to support our charity work. Banner bags can be purchased at the Steveston Museum, 3811 Moncton Street.
Join us… Your work will find its way to local residents facing financial and health challenges to bring warmth through knowing that someone cares.
Our 2020-21 Sponsors
Thank you all for your generous contributions!